Wednesday 12 October 2011

Will Vinton Animations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diVqham5cKA

Just thought I would post this clip of one of Will Vinton Claymations, because I have research on his stuff for my dissertation. Years ago i saw this animation and thought it was so clever with the way in which it was done. I then recently watched Return to Oz, an old favourite of mine when I was kid, and discovered that the claymation effects were produced by Will Vinton. And also at this years Annecy we were lucky enough to see all of his Claymation shorts. They never showed this film, but I found it interesting how much controversy it caused and how it had to be censored from television. It is a very strange piece of animation, however it is very thought provoking and is an unbelievable dark animation especially for Will Vinton, the man that produced The P J's.

No comments:

Post a Comment